Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Straw that Baked the Mammal's Sack

Usually, I'm a very by-the-books type guy. I like things done right and I do whatever it takes to get them done. In fact, I even put work above my family. Yes, I know. I'm a true American.

So, you can see that I'm a little ashamed of myself for what I did. But I don't regret it. I'm happy about it. It was rather enjoyable.

What did I do?

I was in my office examining some code. All of a sudden my door flies open and Mike the Suit comes in.

MIKE THE SUIT: Hey, MB! You parked in my spot.

ME: Oh, yeah...about that...I...

MIKE THE SUIT: It's MY spot!

ME: I know. I didn't think I'd be here this long. I just needed to check my email, one thing led to another, and now hours have passed and I'm knee-deep into this code...

MIKE THE SUIT: Well, I hate to say this, but I think I'm going to need to report this to the big man. I know he's been annoyed by your behavior lately. I sincerely hope this isn't the straw that bakes the mammal's sack.

ME: Breaks the camel's back.

MIKE THE SUIT: What?

So, I snapped. He was threatening to report me because I parked in his spot. How dare he! If he only knew the important things I do for this company...

ME: It's 'breaks the camel's back', you moron! Not 'bakes the mammal's sack'. That doesn't even make sense. You'd know that if you weren't just a complete idiot in a fancy suit!

MIKE THE SUIT: Oh, is that how it's going to be then? Alright, MB.

He left.

My friend followed.

That night I turned on the TV news and saw this:



Yes. That's Mike the Suit. My friend made him think he's supposed to entertain the troops. The Libyan troops that is. Let's hope he doesn't become collateral damage.

Oh, and I parked in his spot on purpose. But he won't remember that.

No comments: