Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Ever-Persistant Solace

I stepped out of my house and took a breath of the fresh, clean air.

It was for this very reason I brought my journal AKA diary along with me on my stroll to Primatech. I wanted to write about everything I experience on the way to check on Sylar's corpse.

Nature was beautiful. The trees were all so tall and vibrant. Very tree-like. Blind squirrels were stashing away their nuts for safe keeping.

Then I came up to a little boy sitting on a bench, crying.

"What is wrong with you, son?" I inquired. "It's such a glorious day! There's no need for tears."

"My cat," the boy sobbed. "He's up in the tree!"

I looked up at the tall, vibrant, tree-like tree and saw the feline.

"He won't come down. I've tried everything. He just doesn't love me anymore!" The boy wept profusely.

Now, on any other day, I would have ignored the unfortunate brat. But today was special. Sylar's death gave me a renewed sense of my own life. And I plan to enjoy and make something of my life. I mean, I still have a good 30 years or so. I should enjoy it, spend it helping others. Maybe do a little less evil.

"Relax, young man," I said, opening the right side of my jacket. I reached into the holster and pulled out my awesome Primatech handgun (which I carry around at all time to prevent suprise attacks from cowards who would lurk in corners awaiting my arrival).

"What are you doing?!?!" the child yelled.

"Relax," I said, pointing the gun at him. "I'm a professional. My aim is excellent."

I lifted the gun up above the lad's head and fired, three shots.

The cat fell lifeless to the ground, with some forward momentum.

"Nooooooooooooooooo!" the boy screamed.

He screams like a loser, I thought to myself and then said, "Now what's wrong? He's down. I thought that's what you wanted."

"You hit him! I thought you had great aim? You were just supposed to scare him out of the tree."

"Hmm...I suppose that would have been a good idea too."

I left the boy to mourn the loss of his dead cat, so that I could continue on to Primatech, to enjoy the loss of my dead Sylar.

Alex opened the big door for me when I arrived. I decided to go in my office and check emails first. I had been away from my 'puter a while, and you never know when vital information could be waiting.

Unfortunately I had no vital information. But I didn't let that get me down. Dr. Hank was supposed to email me the death report so I could get all the paper work filed away. Unfortunately, he's quite a slacker.

I was about to leave when I decided to check up on Sylar's Blog. Knowing his last thoughts and feelings of despair would add to the enjoyableness of the day.

"Ha!" I exclaimed allowed. "Oh, that Hank!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a cruel, cruel man. I hope you don't treat your waffles like that.

BTW, stay away from Mohinder. I heard about you trolling around in his underwear drawer in his apartment a few weeks back...yeah, sure you wanted him to join in your quest for this list thingy. You just want an excuse to wear his boxers, amirite? ^_^

~Lana